- Publish Date: 08-03-2015 19:37:29 |
- Contact: Sherry Meadows (see all posting) |
- Location: Washington 98801 |
- Place: Chelan County Department of Community Development |
- 562 times displayed |
Department: Community Development Title: Planner
Bargaining Unit: Teamsters PTC FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: P040 Reports To: Planning Supervisor
Date: January 2, 2013
First-level non-supervisory professional planner. Reports to Planning Supervisor. Coordinates work with other staff when appropriate. Provides information to the public about County land use regulations and policies. Reviews ministerial development permits and makes decisions on behalf of the Department about their compliance with regulations and policies. Uses professional judgment to evaluate the compliance of discretionary development applications with regulations and policies, and prepare recommendations to the Director, Deputy Director and Hearing Examiner.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Depending upon assignment, the incumbent may perform a combination of some or all of the following duties, which are representative sample of the level of work appropriate to this classification.
1. Provides information and interpretation of applicable County development regulations and policies to the general public, permit applicants, and public officials – over the telephone, at the counter, through e-mail, through mail, and at meetings – regarding the County’s land use regulations and policies.
2. Performs technical review of building and other ministerial development permits to ensure compliance with zoning and related development regulations, comprehensive plan policies and conditions of approval for prior discretionary permits.
3. Processes minor development proposals requiring discretionary County approval, for example: variances, conditional use permits, minor shoreline permits and short plats.
4. Depending on availability of projects and planner workload, processes development proposals requiring discretionary County approval, for example: land use permits, Planned Developments and subdivisions, including some complex and controversial projects.
plng_04_planner_chelan county_final_01-02-13 Page 2 of 3 January 2, 2013
5. Reviews proposals for compliance with zoning and related development regulations and comprehensive plan policies, coordinates with other departments and local agencies, prepares written staff reports and makes recommendations to decision makers.
6. Reviews development proposals and planning projects for compliance with the State Environmental Policy Act.
7. Prepares and presents staff reports at public hearings before the Hearing Examiner, Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioners, as assigned.
8. Represent the Department at public meetings hosted by the County, Community Councils, developers, and civic groups, as assigned.
9. Works with individuals and interest groups to resolve disputes and facilitate consensus on issues pertaining to development permits and planning projects, as assigned.
1. Prepare legal documents associated with development permits. Monitors maintenance and performance securities, including wetland mitigation and landscaping.
2. Performs research tasks as assigned.
3. Creates and/or revises administrative procedures to implement changes to policies and codes.
4. Works with other members of the Department in collaborative problem solving and completion of tasks.
5. May assist Code Enforcement Officer in performance of his/her duties.
6. Represents the department on interdepartmental service teams and technical groups.
7. Collects and analyzes demographic, land use, and related data. May manage automated mapping, database, and geographic information systems.
8. Assists in preparing policies, regulations, and implementing programs influencing the growth and development of the County.
9. May serve the County in a support role in the event of an emergency or disaster.
10. May assist the Deputy Director and Planning Supervisor in the preparation of applications for grants.
11. Other duties as assigned.