- Publish Date: 06-08-2015 11:38:33 |
- Contact: Kiddie Academy of South Fayette |
- Location: Pittsburgh 15017 |
- Place: Kiddie Academy of South Fayette |
- 201 times displayed |
Kiddie Academy of South Fayette has several openings for Lead Teacher positions at our brand new state of the art daycare facility in Bridgeville PA. We are a leading educational based child care provider with 150 locations and established for over 30 years.
- Responsible for the daily planning, management, and supervision of the classroom and children.
- Generally, is assisted in the classroom by an assistant teacher. Is responsible for ensuring that all parents, children, and classroom staff concerns are appropriately addressed.
- Ensures that appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of classroom are appropriately maintained.
- Completes all academy and classroom paperwork: for example, daily notes, student accident reports, attendance reports.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, academy events, and parent meetings, as requested.
- Assists and supervises children during all activities.
- Counsels children when social, academic, or adjustment problems arise.
- Prepares and implements classroom lesson plans, program, and schedule.
- Develops, plans, and prepares instructional aids / materials for classroom activities.
- Assists children with meal times and clean-up.
- Ensures that all classroom and outdoor equipment are in good working condition and are used and maintained properly.
- Physically arranges the classroom into well-defined interest areas.
- Directs activities of other staff in the classroom to ensure that the classroom functions in an orderly manner.
- Communicates appropriate information to parents; maintains developmental profiles for children.
- Schedules and conducts parent and teacher conferences throughout the year.
- Maintains family information board and other classroom bulletin boards.
- Ensures that classroom medication schedule is followed.
- Accepts temporary work assignments in the event regularly scheduled personnel is not available: for example, may answer telephones at front desk, or may assist supervisor with bookkeeping tasks.
- Assists with planning and implementing academy-wide events.
- Meets with prospective families; communicates appropriately with potential new customers.
- Assists in evaluating personnel within the classroom.
- Schedules field trips and speakers for monthly programs as directed by management.
- Prepares classroom portion of monthly newsletter.
- Performs other similar or related duties as necessary.
- Must meet state requirements for position.
- Must be able to lift no less than 40 pounds on a consistent basis throughout the workday to at least waist high.